Thread: Bad Toelz
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 00:31   #39
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Yes bost, I do. When I was there, I heard that too. There are supposed to be 5 to 6 levels under the Kaserne. Sooooooooo, being us, we tried, when we had the time, to get at them. We got down three levels. The flooded, then sealed levels were 4,5 and maybe six. Yes, because of the supposed booby traps. Perhaps they learned in levels 1 and 2. I dunno. Maybe an old SF urban legend joke. I do know this. The Nazi's were great at underground stuff. My German teacher in Oberamergau, pointed out the window during one class and speaking in German, told us how her husband worked in THAT mountain...... building Messerschmits. (SP) BTW, Flint Kaserne was scheduled for bombing in ’45, December I believe, but the weather was bad.

I knew quite of few locals in Toelz. One of them took me some 30 or so minute drive out of town to a lake. Don’t remember the name of it…… used to . Took me to a place on the shore. There was a cement post about 5’ high, the size of a 4x4. Told me that as the war was coming to an end and we and the Russians were closing in, the Nazis dumped a ton of weapons in the lake at that place. Explained to me that it dropped off steep and deep, 100s of meters. He knew cause his Dad served during the war and was on that detail. I had been diving since ’61……… besides licking my lips….. well, forget the other excitement. Anyway, I would love to dive that spot. Thing is, I couldn’t find it, even if I were there now.

Last edited by 12B4S; 05-11-2006 at 01:20.
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote