View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 19:54   #19
Space Cadet
Asset

Gentlemen,

Hello! I appreciate your kind and wise advise that you have been generous enough to solicite to me.

So to address all of you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomy View Post
Mostly: Yes! Some:
No. Sir, I am no longer pursuing WOCS as a subsequent of the pandemic. For everyone else here: I will continue to pursue aviation as an MOS post undergrad and I will either be 'shit-hot' at patrolling; or I won't be. I will train my ass off and will be sent to Ranger school to further ferment my skills as an infantry patrolling man or I wont. I will either be sent to the SFQC as an AV officer proficient at patrolling and I will pass: or I will not.

What I do know: Is that I a am a former infantry guy who knows how to patrol well and I believe in myself and my ability to instruct others on academic and practical skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
So let me get this straight........ You see that our issue currently in Afghanistan is that Uncle Sugar hasn't spent enough money? You believe that the ability to drop a payload of 500 tons is somehow going to change the course of the last 20yrs? Having the ability to drop them Tons of more weapons, ammo, widgets and whatever else (Tim Hortons anyone?) is somehow going to allow the Afghan Government to better defend/protect their peoples and gubmint?

During your stint in the Infantry did you deploy anywhere?

Do you know what Risk Aversion is?
No, Mr. Longwire, that is not the summary of my opinions. I have spent some time in Afghanistan, and I think the issue there is an applications one. Not a human one of blood nor treasure. I do not think that munitions nor material will address policy outcomes that have *yet* to propagate a positive outcome for the warfighter. However: I do think that if the US was able to vantage 'material' on a faster turnaround; and was able to do so with the precision that could be landed by modern spacecraft, he could have an even further "angelic" profile of intense and capable industry backing. I support the US mission in Afghanistan as an Afghan war vet. I think that US goals in the region have hope, and that there is SOME way to train the ANA and ANP to handle and serve the nation that they are aligned to.

To you other kind QP's who have been willing to shower me with some attention:

Thank you. It seems that against better guidance I am going to take my CIB and run headfirst into an aviation commission (TrapperFrank, Miclo18D, Joker, Redhawk12,ExSquid, and Box (I had to resist the urge to say 'Beavis'): Thank you so much for your insight. I have a much better understanding of both my personal and potential shortcomings as a result of your feedback.

I am going to be working part time in industry for the entire lead up and duration of potential time as a team leader.

I am extremely interested in becoming a NASA astronaut during the duration of my career as a human being.

However to address Box specifically: I am NOT interested in becoming a team leader or SF for the purposes of being 'on the way to something'.

Aaron Bank sold me on becoming SF. Period. I am a warfighter and thats how I want to fight war, the unconventional way. I want to become a team leader who influences the fight against our enemies both irregular and peer or otherwise. I wholeheartedly believe in the UW/FID mission and my ability to bring *Shit-hot* mission planning to it.

I appreciate ya'lls input and insight. I have a few semesters to go in undergrad before I commission and an even further stretch of time before I attempt something like an SFRE or even SFAS. I will not let an SF-trooper down by being unprepared. I will be *shit-hot* at patrolling and I will be damn fluent in the language(s) and history of any region I am assigned to.

Thanks PS.com for all the damn reading... From guys who knew people like Billy Waugh, Dick Meadows, Larry Thorne, or Changiz Lahidji. You guys represent such a capable population.. and I appreciate it.

Last edited by Space Cadet; 02-14-2021 at 13:05.
Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote