View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 20:37   #8
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Not to add fuel to the fire, but to address your original question.

Seriously, I have a boy who is steadily approaching 7. He has yet to ask me those questions, and I doubt that he ever will. You see, it doesn't matter. I'm Daddy, I'm Superman, I am his favorite plaything. I am a lot of things to my boy. He knows that I am a Soldier and, that when I go on trips, that I get the bad guys.......Thats it.

I hardly ever am in uniform at the house, My beret is almost never on my head, and the household discussion, isn't about saving the world. Let alone my conversations with him.

I'm not trying to denigrate you, or make a snide remarke about the AF, but you really do need to get your head out of the clouds. Focus on a closer target like getting out of the AF and in the Army. Or how about what you are getting your daughter for Christmas?

Watch the path you are on today, lest you step off the cliff, and can no longer walk tomorrow. *edit: Damn thats so good Im adding it to my sig line*

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote