View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25   #20
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Penn brought up a point, yes this is posted in 18F thread. Unless Admins have issues, I didn't post this in Technology news or General Discussions because I'm bring this topic to stimulate thought among 18F and 18 series on how internet, social media play within our planning, coordination and execution of missions. Using the title of The Role of Social Media in Mobilizing Political Protest, Movement, and Revolution. How you as a person, maybe in the military, a support, an enabler or just a person working at Walmart. Like dualforces pointed, there are organizations, people, groups looking at this.

So with all of this rumbling of me. I'm all for anyone posting great dialog over what you know, think, feel or believe would add to this. I see this as 18Fs I know don't know how to do go tactical battlefield analysis. None this is my thinking, why. Most don't have a collection plan for their base. Most don't know how to think combat with HUMIT with basic Force Protection. Operations drive Intelligence and we all say Intelligence drivers Operations. But IMO we do more dart broad planning and sync operations at all levels. So from this soapbox, like it has been said, we behind on our online analysis and focus. DoD stood up a special organization just to study how the internet will play into the future battlefield. USASOC is conducting its own studies, along with AF, Navy and many others. I feel there are many different people here, some military, some in the IT fields, some in INTEL and most retirees from many fields that can provide insight.

I want dialog on what you think the Role of Social Media in Mobilizing Political Protest, Movement, and Revolution. What does Social Media have in the role with warfare maybe. From all of this, maybe guys will go back and bring up what we discuss and stimulate thought in team rooms, section cages or offices on internet and social media.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote