View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:05   #19
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
my intention was is to illustrate the success of SM in relation to corporate marketing tied to a devout consumer base; in my mind that is AQ.
They are a complex adaptive system, whose hierarchical structure is related more to social and tribal connection, than authoritative direction.
It is what MC Chrystal and his staff presented, that was rejected by the admin, that led to his resignation, or at least, that was the story presented in our seminar on CAS.
That said, SM is successful in the hands of AQ and other non state groups, because it is a ubiquitous- low tech- commo, everyone has a cell phone...it, the association, has no formal structure, and reinforces contact nods base on familial and group association, not alignment to cause, cause is an adjunct.
Framing in this context supports like groups competing for the same limited resources, understanding that need opens areas for exploitation .

EDIT TO ADD: I just realized what thread this is 18F. I am completely out of my lane. MY sincere apologies.
PENN,

Maybe in my writing I came off wrong, I understood the illustration you were painting between HD and what they were or are doing on the internet and with SM. I JUST THINK we the military should look at the Gaming Indrustry and their foot print and usage of SM and how they networked. You can take just about any Indrustry and look at how, say: Sony, Nike, Gatorade or any clothing line. The best thing for our MISO NCOs and Officers to study is how thing are done online here in the US Indrustry and how things are in their AORs within SM and the internet.

Like Peregrino and Brush Okie pointed out, we are missing the boat on this big than $&?! I feel you have to study the social side of the country your going to. Does it play a big part, small part or what does it play.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote