View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 19:50   #3
asg
Asset

Thank you for the blunt and thorough .02, 7624U.

To clarify- if I went straight OCS out the gate and then put in a packet for SFAS, like any other 1st LT, I would not get selected because of age/ lack of experience, is that correct?

Really does sound like the better option for a shot would be enlisting 11b Airborne. Seems like worst case scenario would be that I wash out, drop a packet for OCS, and drive on to serve as an Infantry Officer...

I didn't know a risk of not making selection as an officer is that you might not be able to make the big Army required courses for rank and year group and consequently get booted from the military... that certainly carries some weighty risk if I'm trying to go for the long-haul here.

I did work as a wilderness guide for thru hikes, long distance cycling, white water, and rock climbing in the Northeast area for a few years. Not at all that that is comparable to what I would experience in SF, but my resolve never quit there and I loved that work. Certainly doesn't make for a guarantee, but I am looking to knock hard where opportunity is to be found.

Do you have any take on doing an 11x Option 40 vs. 11b Airborne Option on the enlisted route?

Thank you, again. Signature duly noted.
asg is offline   Reply With Quote