Thread: FL Elections
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 11:56   #11
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Angry

In addition to Congresswoman Johnson, here is the list of the others.

Joseph Crowley (NY-07)
Raul Grijalva (AZ-07)
Danny Davis (IL-07)
Corrine Brown (FL-03)
Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Jerrold Nadler (NY-08)
Michael Honda (CA-15)
Elijah Cummings (MD-07)
Julia Carson (IN-07)
Edolphus Towns (NY10)

edited to add: I just e-mailed Senator McCain, Senator Kyl and Congressman Flake. I would urge everyone to contact their own Senators and Congressperson. Here is what I wrote:

Dear Senator McCain,

It is with great distress that I have learned that several Congressional Representatives led by Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30) and including the following:
Joseph Crowley (NY-07), Raul Grijalva (AZ-07), Danny Davis (IL-07), Corrine Brown (FL-03), Carolyn Maloney (NY-14), Jerrold Nadler (NY-08), Michael Honda (CA-15), Elijah Cummings (MD-07), Julia Carson (IN-07) Edolphus Towns (NY-10)

have forwarded a request to Mr. Kofi Annan of the United Nations that the U.N. provide observers for the Presidential Election this November. This is an unprecedented attack on the political process of the United States of America and without any doubt, the framers of our Constitution are turning in their graves. The mere thought that elected officials would defer even a small measure of their constituencies' voting rights to the United Nations is not only disturbing, but in my humble opinion borderline treason.

We as a nation are the envy of the world because we are able to conduct the election of our leaders in a manner that is fair and truly representative of the feelings of the people. It goes without saying that to turn over any aspect of our political process to a body that has it's share of corruption issues is not just ludicrous, but downright irresponsible. I urge you and your colleagues to strongly oppose this petition by all those involved and chastise them publicly for shirking their obligation not only to the people of their districts, the states they represent, and the United States of America.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

Last edited by Ghostrider; 07-03-2004 at 12:30.
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote