View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 13:30   #2
Guy
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason17
I am currenly trying to get into the Army and have run into some trouble. A couple medical issues with eyesight ( I can't see the giant "E" at the top of the eye chart ), and headaches when I was young may prevent me from getting 18x, option 40, or any other airborne contract for my initial enlistment.

My most likely plan is to sign up for a different MOS and put in a packet for SFAS sometime in the future after my vision has been fixed and I prove that the headaches are not a problem. This is where my question comes in. From the SF team perspective, what would be the most helpful or applicable skill set to come in with?

I believe I still have the option of going regular 11x or 19d, ( not sure why they will allow a blind scout )or choosing a support job. More specifically, I was considering 98G. This would allow me to learn a language and get some other training that may or may not be valuable to an ODA. I will do my best either way and feel I have a solid chance regardless of MOS, but was curious as to which would make me more of an asset.

I posted an intro many months ago but to give a quick background: I graduate with a Business Finance/ International business degree in March, did well on the ASVAB, and am in pretty good shape ( although not in SF shape as of yet ).

Thanks.
Am I reading this correctly?

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote