Thread: Team Code names
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 15:30   #59
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stras
Das Boot. when your leg is 3-4" shorter than your other leg and you have the double soles on one boot.
How did he get into the service,let alone SF?......... When I enlisted for Airborne in '54 I was rejected because of one leg(left one)being almost 1 inch shorter and I also had flat feet........ They said I failed the physical for going Airborne........ I told my recruiter to forget it,I'm not going in if I can't go Airborne.......It was the 28th of Dec. and he needed to fill that quota for the month,so he got my physical changed thru his contacts,however he said I was on my own when I get to Ft.Bragg if they catch it.......... They didn't and as Richard always says "and so it goes".........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 09-11-2011 at 06:41.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote