View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 08:52   #26
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
Had that exact same conversation with my son a few years ago (he's still in...but part of the "problem" if I was being honest with 18 Series teammates)...
I really hate quoting myself, but did so to put my thoughts in context. I am extremely proud of my son deciding to join, of course this was 10 years ago. I'm still proud of his decision (well thought out) to remain. Though his decision is based more on him recognizing that he's got it pretty good in terms of money and benefits compared to his civilian counter-parts. My statement about him being part of the problem is more aligned with his belief that all of these social welfare feel good programs promoting everything short of esprit de corps is all well and good and important in making sure we make everyone feel qualified and capable of serving. Despite the evidence. Truly he drank the kool-aid. My only consolation is that he turned an ear for languages into a career and it will probably serve him well when he retires. Besides, 'merican, he speaks Russian, Spanish, and has a working knowledge of some Slavic something, and Italian.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote