View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 05:24   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel NCO View Post
Also doesn't help that for a lot of people enlisting it's because they know a servicemember, either in their family, or friend circle, so as they branch out they're really struggling.

I have a theory it's going to get worse. Retention numbers passed first contract are pretty solid, but a lot of career fields are bleeding talent at the 8-11 year mark for high performing SSGs.
As a theory of mine, the first part you mentioned is countered by veteran family members who, looking at the current situation, are counseling children & grand-children, nieces & nephews, to go a different direction. There are some sad discussions being had.

The career mark you mention about bleeding talent is a movie I've seen before & that doesn't turn out well. You don't rebuild those numbers down at the "dilapidated strip mall on the south end of town."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote