View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 20:58   #11
EricV
Guerrilla

Get this. Due to O version of covid, my YMCA just instituted a new mandate. You gotta wear a mask when entering/exiting the building, walking down the halls, in the locker room. However you don't have to while exercising.

In other words, while I'm huffing and puffing lifting weights, elbow to... er cheek bone with others in the weight room, no mask!!

They have two weight rooms. One with free weights and one with weight machines separated by about 20 feet. People scoot back and forth (myself included) between rooms working out. Lots of us have routines where we like to do free weights and machines in a certain order.

Naturally, as a Good Citizen, on the the way out passed the front desk I let the Mask Police, who demanded I put a mask on as I entered the building, know that scofflaws were flouting the mask requirement while going from room to room!!

My suggestion: "You should put some Cretin there on a chair to hector people to wear their masks!!" As you can well imagine, all I got was a grunt and stink eye.