View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 22:03   #12
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Now, the Nape !! (Shall return to the CS shortly !!)

Jellied Petrol !!

After the success of the Porcupine, I latched onto the idea of a diabotical device that was based on something that we had received into our "weapons-options" mix !! We got a batch of "Quad-Laws" that were termed "Multiple-Flame Launchers". What these were, was an experimental 4 tube, expendable, Rocket Launcher, that was loaded with 4 Rockets that had an incindiary warhead instead of the AT !!! Picture a LAW on Steroids !! It was HUGE, boxy and a real pain in the ass to deploy.

I took this as a challenge. I looked at our existing inventory and decided to expand the capabilities of our most unique "Mortar" !! (Those that have read the 60mm Aw Shit in here will relate !!) I started with a 60mm Illumination round and succeeded in dismantling several. I then re-assembled them but instead of the flare and parachute, I put Foo-Gas, and added a little extra to the kicker/ignition charge that launched the flare.

I rigged up several and we went to the range. The first round that I launched, the rest of the team was AGAIN about 50 meters to the rear, went off in a quite spectacular fashion. When I hung it in the tube I did register that I smelled gasoline. I did not however think through the consequences of launching said round. When that thing went out, I was engulfed in, what I was told many many times over, a HUGE ORANGE FIREBALL !!!

I was left with quite a "sunburn", veeery little Eyebrows/ (no) eyelashes, and a very singed moustache !!!!

Once again, all of the Yards, rolling in the dirt, and crying NUMBA F****** ONE, DO IT AGAIN !!!

We did deploy this 60mm variant, after much improvement, and used it operationally to set fire to our backtrail. It worked better than WP !!!

Later
Martin

Let's see, back to the CS !!! Next, Cycalos and the "White Mice !!!"