View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:21   #5
jaybeck1985
Asset

Post My thoughts

This was a good read, thank you for posting it.
It also is a great reminder to all Leaders that you can and must delegate authority to subordinates but you can never delegate the Responsibility that your position and profession holds. Additionally I like to beat a dead horse into the ground and say, I truly think all Secretary of Services/Defense along with the Commander and Chief should have some kind of military background. It has happened in History too many times to count that the Civilian Boss doesn't like the Military Leaders decisions and doesn't listen to the voice of experience. Given Senior Military Leaders can be wrong just as much as Civilians but 20-40 years of experience tends to give a pretty decent understanding of your job. Compared to simply having a degree in Poly Sci. To steal it from a book/movie in Starship Troopers you had to serve to be a Full Citizen, and you could not hold or run for the aforementioned positions without your Citizen ship.
Just my 2 ¢, actually being I am stationed in Europe maybe it my ,02 € (which is worth far great than just 2 ¢)

The Reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis
~Unnamed German General in a Post War Debrief

Any Idiot can pick up a gun and shoot it. But I challenge you to pick it up and aim it.
~ Me
jaybeck1985 is offline   Reply With Quote