View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 07:19   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Got an email a few days ago that they are terminating their "Smile" program where a percentage of your purchases go to charity of your choice.
I have been on the SMILE program from day one, but have always disliked the way and how much they contribute.

One major problem was Amazon never created apps for phones and other hand-helds. In today's world,, that's what?? 60% of the market?

Additionally, In this 2015 article, it is calculated that the total 12M+ donations made were actually only 00.00012% of the Amazon retail sales :[

Quote:

The results reflect that friction: In 2015, the AmazonSmile Foundation, which administers the program, donated $12,867,013 to charity, according to the foundation’s latest Form 990-PF filed with the IRS. That’s less than 0.5 percent of Amazon.com’s retail sales.

How much less? In 2015, Amazon generated about $99.1 billion in U.S. and international retail sales, its annual report says. (See p. 68). If my math is correct, that means that the $12,867,013 in charitable giving amounts to 0.00012 percent of sales. That’s $1.20 in donations for every $10,000 of sales.

https://nonprofitchronicles.com/2017...make-me-smile/
It was a 1/2 hearted attempt, and management didn't get its perceived payback.

Also, The Wokes are probably complaining about the ULTRA MAGA RIGHT-WING orgs, like the GBF, who benefit from the merger contributions.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote