View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 20:53   #12
RyanRC187
Asset

This being my first post, I'd like to introduce myself for a moment... then try to add something to the thread.

My name is Ryan and I'm a cadet in Florida State University's Army ROTC. I'm a Russian major and am minoring in Military Science. In June I am going to Ft. Knox for Leadership Training Camp because I only recently joined ROTC so that I can catch up with the other MSIIIs.

I've had an interest in the military ever since I was young, first wanting to be a pilot (like everyone else after seeing Top Gun) but later became interested in Special Operation Units.

Anyhow, back to the original topic.

If I was you, I would try to stay in school... I've had the same thoughts as you about quitting school and enlisting under 18X. However, upon realizing that an extra two years of physical conditioning, and recieving my Degree in Russian would only help me achieve my final goal, I was able to put off that feeling that I need to get to my destination as quickly as possible. That being said you seem to have already made up your mind, and I wish you the best of luck...

A friend of mine recently enlisted as an 18X, he goes to Benning for Basic in July. Luckily, you seem much more intent on achieving your goal than he does. I fear he won't pass selection, he isn't taking his physical training very seriously and I'm almost positive he'll end up an Infantryman.

Reviewing my post I guess I didn't add much, but I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I'll be browsing the forum occasionally and will hopefully learn a little from you all.
RyanRC187 is offline   Reply With Quote