View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 15:10   #6
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Re: Rucksack Modifications

Quote:
Originally posted by Surgicalcric
On my last trip to General Jackson's, great place to deplete a checking acct and max out a credit card BTW, I noticed a new molded plastic ruck frame and many retrograde pocket options. Happened to see a young Eighty-Deuce Medic picking up his modified ruck, but did not get a chance to talk to him.

Have any of you with many miles under a ruck had a chance to evaluate the new frame and/or added the new modular pockets to your old "green tick?" If so what are your thought on them in regards to functionality, dependability, and cost effectiveness.

I am not in the market for any of the above (25m target first) just curious.

Thanks,

James
James,
I know what you mean about General Jackson. I've spent quite a huge amount of money with them and the sewing place next door.

As for rucks, I've got three of them. Large modified Alice with all the bells and whistles (pouches, etc), MOLLE, and the Spears ruck. For me it all depends on what type of mission, environment, and if you're wearing body armour. I brought all 3 with me overseas and I pretty much used the ALICE. Some of the other guys had the blackhawk ruck or the one from tactical tailor. Granted we didn't do much dismounted with rucks, but did with assault packs.

As for complexion...well...the MOLLE comes with a video on how to put it together!!

Remember, you can't use modified rucks in the SFQC.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote