View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:04   #13
UF Gators
Asset

QP's,

Thank you all for taking time out of your day to provide me with your insight into the matter. I will heed the knowledge that has been shared with me.

New-Dog,
I believe your argument to hold concurrently with my point of view on the situation. When I said, "balance" I was referring to the modern evolution of our citizenry allowing the government to centralize at the cost of their personal liberties. As J.J. Rousseau so eloquently stated, "Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." (Social Contract) The "give", or devolution of governmental power, is almost non-existent in our modern era of federalism. We must be very wary of any government action to further transgress our liberties. I never thought of the government allowing them to exist in order to have an "enemy at the gates" in this modern era. Thank you very much for your observations on the subject.

Craigepo,

I agree with your point of view. Sadly, Constitutional vigilance is slowly becoming a relic to our representatives (although, mostly the liberal leaning delegation).
Prudent men often say, neither casually or groundlessly, that anyone wishing to see what is to come should examine what has been, for all the affairs of the world in every age have had their counterparts in ancient times.
Machiavelli's Discourses pg. 413
UF Gators is offline   Reply With Quote