View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 14:48   #7
98G
bonum medicina malis locis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I don't need it at any speed.. just a looking for input. "Asking" other Lean 6 Sigma "poeple" of what they know of the process and looking or using it in Intelligence analysis. That out of box thinking. I'm a working on my GBB now and seeing what intel people thought of using it for it's measurement analysis systems. Just like business uses it to look at data and processes and learn how to make them better. Yes like the data mining and using the DMAIC roadmap to intelligence data and processes.

I've gone to courses or training that takes business "processes" and "solutions" then implantation of them in intelligence analysis and/or data mining or gaps. As in using or looking at Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Continuous studies, as in Gage studies or Gage R&R study on say - XXX, YYY, ZZZ or People, Place, Things, and Events. Hell, I say you can use a system like MiniTab and/or excell spread sheet for "pulling"statistics and statistics formulas for what there worth at analysis the data. If that makes it clearer??!!??

Looking at your process at data mining or tactical analysis, ETC and how well it is working or it's functionality.

Hopefully this helps explain what I'm asking.
Yes, it does. The challenge in using things like Six Sigma or Malcolm Baldrige, is that the people who use them regularly tend to be purists in the space so parts per million or process steps won't directly relate. I have found facets that work across other disciplines and will think about which ones could. Might take me a week or so...

The two easiest things to spend; someone else's time and someone else's money.
98G is offline   Reply With Quote