View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 07:56   #110
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
Sounds like a great foundation for a presidential campaign. When are you tossing in your hat?
On what party platform?

I could run as a republican that wants to simplify the tax code - but there are a lot of republican legislators that would back stab me for undermining their income scams they run on the peoples dollar.

I could run as a democrats that promises to finally address immigration with meaningful changes - but there are a lot of democratic legislators that would back stab me for undermining their pet projects and forcing them to record payroll taxes for all the the undocumented workers that they pay in cash.

I could run as a Libertarian, but then I'd have to convince all of the hippies that my number one priority was legalizing recreational drug use. Then I'd have to figure out what it REALLY was that Libertarians stand for since "we seek a world of liberty in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives" is the most mind numbing noncommittal platform ever.
...because we all know that the republican and democrat platforms succinctly state that they are against liberty and freedom

No thanks my friend - my contrarian lifestyle and inability to accept any action emanating from the government as "sincere" expressly prohibit my engagements in politics as a professional venture.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote