Thread: OLD Alumni
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 05:56   #26
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyY View Post
Just thinking were/are any of you 10th group 71-75? The only one I have heard from or have been in contact with in 30 years was my old team daddy and that was at the Vegas 2004 SFA reunion.
XO ODAs 21 and 24 and CO ODA 13, Co B, 10th SFGA, Ft Devens June 1971- April 72 .... Was basically a filler until a position opened up in 8th SFGA per my VOLINDEF contract ... there were a bunch of us, Fred111 was one also, that had been affected by the Viet Nam down-sizing that reduced 8th SFG's end-strength and left us no other place to go right after Spanish language school (MILPERSCEN offered me an Airborne Infantry slot down in the Canal Zone, but I wouldn't take it -- I was SF and didn't want to take a step back in my estimation) .... It all worked out. I spent some time TDY teaching summer ROTC at Indiantown Gap which was beneficial for the MTTs I had while in 8th SFG (later 3Bn, 7th SFG) and went to ski school in Sunday River, Maine and learned to snow ski.

Slots opened up in 8th SFGA in early '72 and Fred and I drove down to Panama with our (then) significant others (he's still married to his).

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote