View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 17:28   #14
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by eine_frau View Post
The nature of my job allows me to get very close to families so I see their hopes, their dreams, their successes, their failures. I understand why people want to get away from violence, persecution, war, poverty.
I actually don't understand people running from violence and war. Maybe to seek a better life- but at some point one has to ask, "when do you stop running and make a stand?" It reminds me of Hull's speech to the tin pans in Pale Rider. What's your price going to be at the next stop?

It seems to me there is a HUGE difference between striking out towards a frontier or growing country due to better economic potential and you have to work your ass off/establish yourself mostly on your own- a country with lots of room wherein you mostly assimilate with the same - basically- religion and culture--- versus fleeing war and going to a rich, established country that has no room wherein you don't assimilate and you are crowded into breeding grounds of jihadism, your religion stays the same and is very different as are your values, and you basically suck off the established social system teat that you aren't assimilating into.

One day we may look back on the conditions that started WWIII and say, "hmmm- we should have seen it coming..."

Last edited by bailaviborita; 07-27-2016 at 17:30.
bailaviborita is offline   Reply With Quote