View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 22:36   #36
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
FOCA is great at "looking" at and within file. Metadata if you don't know what that is, google it. Pictures too, I saw one where they went onto three dating sites, LinkedIn and FB; all free accounts and every picture got all kinds of user information. The Metadata. The other funny thing, was all the pictures that picture block faces, "painted" over rooms, backgrounds and other things. Well FOCA "unpainted" all the pictures. It opened my eyes bigger than $&!#.
Thank you so very much for all these posts, MtnGoat. Yes, I was all wide-eyed too. Considering all the implications, that's scary *****.

When I perused those softwares, I didn't see much noise suppression though. Information is only as good as the knowledge one can extract from it.

I genuinely felt smarter going through and rereading this thread. As I delve further in the IC, I'd be grand to meet you and pick your brain barring OPSEC/PERSEC of course.

Ditto with Brush Okie on disinformation. Misdirection works well from the hand-to-hand level all the way to strategic.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote