View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Cyberterrorism??

Okay since no comments, I'll start some thoughts with what I was looking at with this post from the The Blaze.

So are we looking more at the use of social media and internet platforms in terrorism "groups" to streamline their communication and use worldwide media platforms to drive home new messages or campaigns? I say this article brings (IMO) just one more example of what different groups are using to "reach out" in platform of cyberterrorism. We have seen terrorist groups and different "movements" worldwide have stepped up their "tapping into the" Internet in the forms of social media for their communications, fundraising, financing, indoctrination and recruitment.

With this new "age of warfare," terrorist or movement groups using unconventional methods of attack, with a unprecedented in origin and execution, along with them waged by a non-state actor that uses extrinsic and intrinsic motivations to the means. These groups may lack the identity of a nation-state like nationality, language and sometimes-recognized territory in any form. But they use social media in targeting; personalities, economic and political whatever's in the heartland of the most capable superpower. Based that most are looked as dirt eaters. Look at Kenya last month, Syria this year, and all the way back to Egypt. Would this be something along the lines of Unconventional Warfare 2.0 and the need [or current] to reshape and/or restructure of the ARSOF or Army's future?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 11-08-2013 at 09:50.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote