Thread: NJP, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 18:24   #11
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

When I was a Sluggo, Richmond Nail once told me, "I wouldn't have a troop on my Team that didn't have at least an Article 15." So I went out and got me one.

It wasn't for a "tongue ring" - I got mine for some manly shit. But then again, I was never a Squid.

Get your 1Sgt to square it for you with the XO. Then go get a gross of steel wire brushes and start scrubbing rust to square it with the 1Sgt (or whatever you squids call them). Offer to do Quarterdeck on Christmas and New Year and tell him that you realize your relief for extra duty hasn't been born yet.

Dude, getting NJP'd for a tongue ring is gay. Look -
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote