Thread: NJP, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 15:53   #4
Irishsquid
Guerrilla

Ok...time to, as you put it, fess up: I got drunk, (thus the "lack of maturity") and got a tongue ring. Article 92. Failure to obey a direct and lawful order. It's nothing "serious," and yet, still shows a willful disobedience of an established rule. The tongue ring has since been removed, and will not be replaced. Beyond that, for the past 3 years, my record has been excellent. E1-E5 in less than 3 years, consistent Early Promote evals. Junior Sailor of the Quarter, Junior Sailor of the Year, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, not one single disciplinary action ever taken before this. Hopefully, this will reflect in my favor, and help to offset the bad mark of an NJP. Then again, as I said, I have no experience with disciplinary action, or how it might affect my plans, except that if I'm sent to NJP, I will not be allowed to go to Iraq to finish my enlistment as an Individual Augmentee to the Army or Marine Corps. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, gentlemen. I truly appreciate it.
Irishsquid is offline   Reply With Quote