View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 11:53   #4
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Re: Damn fine post...

Quote:
Originally posted by IMUA
Joe...
Its been quite awhile since I've looked back at that syllabus...mighty impressive. Its interesting tho... that in most civilian settings, these guys can't get jobs as ER Techs...go figure!
I have 19 18D trained types (CAG, SF, SEAL)with me here in Iraq...doesn't get any better than that!
Best regards, Bro......

RB
You are so right...I was amazed when trying to get employment (during days o divorce) at finding out there was no civilian equivalent and ended up being the night manager for a pizza delivery
At least now they do receive NREMT-P during the first portion of their training.
Additionally, I understand that they are receiveing training in Open reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF) for complicated fractures. What an incredible step.
Watch out for all those knuckleheads if they are in the same room together and someone gets hurt...
I had a NASTY dislocation during PT in ANCOC, I think I was more frightened as I was summarily surrounded by 10 other 18D's who were saying in unison: "Aww COOL!!! Let me fix it!!!"
Be Careful buddy...

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote