Thread: Predicament
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 20:20   #1
LR27
Auxiliary

Predicament

I have a frustrating situation at hand, and I am posting this in hopes that some of you can share your wisdom and point me in the right direction.

In June 2007, I attended SFAS and got selected. I decided to ETS in December 2007 to finish my degree. Once I finished, I would resume the Q Course.

Earlier this week I received a letter from good ol' St. Louis, MO, letting me know I was being mobilized for OIF. I knew that was a risk in getting out, but the orders say they are sending me to '1161 TC CO, Ephrata, WA.'

I was an 11B, and spent my entire time in as a Sniper. Why would they send me to a transportation company?? I contacted HRC, and the woman who answered the phone for Infantry branch told me, "Needs of the Army. You will still be an 11B, you wont be driving a truck." I then contacted the TC CO itself, and they said they have no 11B's on their MTOE.

I have a feeling someone has made a mistake, and they dont want to admit it. I contacted 19th SFG, and they said they probably cant touch me because I have orders, but they are working on it. I contacted the Army Sniper Association and Sniper School, and they are seeing what they can do. I thought I'd turn to you gentlemen, as well. The HRC rep said their is "no way" to change orders. Is this true? What would all of you recommend I do? Is there anyway I can get to the Q Course or even get to an infantry battalion?

Your advice and wisdom is invaluable at this point.

"Selection is a never ending process." - Anonymous Special Operations soldier
LR27 is offline   Reply With Quote