Thread: BSN to 18D
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:43   #7
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2theM View Post
And to your response of failing the minimum standards. I tore my sartorial muscle while I was there, but I still put more effort in then others that were selected. I’m not sure what standards I failed during this but I gave it my all and that’s more than what others gave that were selected.
Stop making excuses! (Eagle5US ‘elaborated’ on that quite extensively)

As to whether your decision to become a nurse would be an asset to the Team? No, not really, 18Ds are not combat nurses. You would still have many more hurdles to jump over in becoming an 18D and Q-Course graduate. Even if everything you hoped for happened (and you didn’t get inured again) you might still end up as an Enlisted something (91C) in big Army because you failed out of the Q-Course.

BTW: ‘Sartorial’ references a tailor or style of clothing, the “Sartorius” is a superficial muscle in the leg allowing you cross your legs or knees while sitting.

If you really want to be an SF 18D, join the regular Army in a combat arms MOS (Airborne/Ranger qualified 11B would be best) wait a year or longer and apply for SFAS with strength and determination as your guiding standards. Once you make it past SFAS then ask if 18D training is in store for you - you will possess some valuable skills but more importantly you will then appreciate the opportunity to learn.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote