View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47   #5
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Great post Richard!

I would like to see more posts related to this type of thing from you.

If you don't think it is off topic in light of these lessons I would like to discuss the application of this theory in the modern world since it is very relevant today. The relationship between the politics of war and the warfighters ie the application of military force.

While there is no definite right answer for every issue, how do you feel we could better integrate our political arm, economic power and potential with our military to bring our country back up to where we should be?

Also while isolationism is not possible in today's world, do you believe we should continue to take the lead in being the world police or let some other countries take the lead at times and focus on more on domestic affairs even if it means loss of some influence on the world politics?

Last but not least, do you believe that we have over reached with our military like the Romans did to the point that it has actually weakened our security instead of making it stronger?

While we may disagree on issues at times I find your point of view interesting and it makes me think my points of view through more.
Richard already started this. So, let us (I mean all of us) continue the dialog. BO, you posed some good questions - what is your opinion on those questions?

1. Is there misalignment of political, economic policy and the use of military force?

2. Are we over-reaching and if so what are the consequences?

3. Could we actually take a more "isolationist" approach? I like the word restrained instead of isolationist.

I would be very interested to read your thinking on these question. Richard already did the heavy lifting here. Your turn