View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:54   #25
CSM-H
Quiet Professional

Co C 3/3

rltipton, Yep it was "interesting" to say the least. Lost seperate rats, cuts in funds that were not Army money because Diane was trying to look good. Computors that didn't make it to Africa, Story in The Resistor (that about did us in). But after all that some great guys...a bunch are now officers, a couple of SGM's and several Warrents.....Very talented guys, they learned some leadership lessons on how not to do it and hopefully are better leaders for it. CSM-H
PS: eventually the commander made Colonel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltipton View Post
Those were rough days in 3/3! You could write a book just about the hard times 3/3 went through coming on line under "Diane" as DCO and Bn CDR. Times were hard for us all, but 3/3 had it so much worse than the rest of us! We used to feel sorry for 3/3 when I was in 2/3! The Rwanda stop-n-go fiasco, the bus rides to JRTC, ACRI... You guys got hosed a lot and I wasn't even in 3/3 back then so I know there are a bunch I never heard about!

I was JR 18C on one of the 2/3 teams that went to PR with your company prior to the Haitian Vacation...fun times were had by all! I don't remember your CO's name now...he was an "odd" cat. I bumped into him in Panama a few years later and he was a LTC (!?). Crazy times.

I also had the misfortune of being stuck in Cap Haitien with CARICOM #1 for the last few months of Haiti round 1, OPCON to "Diane." That was pure hell as I recall. Quite a few stories to share about that too... Insanity.

After my SWC tour I ended up in 3/3 (2002-2005) and it was great. Wartime 3/3 has an entirely different face than the old peacetime 3/3 had, let me tell you. Wouldn't have wanted to be deployed under any other guidon than 3/3.

Good to see you on here SGM.
CSM-H is offline   Reply With Quote