View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 22:53   #32
PRB
Quiet Professional

There is a relative factor to more weight and a more effective killing round that fits that category as required for combat.

The 5.56 and the 5.45 are fine at close range when there is no foliage or anything to impede the rounds flight to a target. At long and even medium range they suck especially if there is anything in the way. I carried one in RVN/Shield Storm/Somalia and in Astan I chose to carry an AK.

We are a long way from 30 06 and 7.62x51 that are excellent killing rounds but heavy.

This is an excellent medium/ in between.

I have never been a fan of the M 16a1/M16 a2/M4 etc. for the light round and that dammed gas venting into the chamber...not sure if the new rifle does that or not but it is stupid by design.

As to the article I remember the 'new' invisible fighters and fighter bombers flying over Iraq in Desert Storm with impunity.... at will...and destroying whatever their targets were without concern of being shot down by the latest Russian provided systems.

I get that we should have more but quality over quantity is still a 'thing'....no matter how much you hate the present admin.

Last edited by PRB; 03-10-2023 at 22:59.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote