View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 13:03   #37
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
A thought here. Besides the ideas you have above (all good) how about SM web for information support for resources etc. For instance on the CA side how to build a sand filter for water and videos of your success and or information with links to gather intel. An example is the FBI most wanted but have a website dedicated with links, videos etc. Even a tip line of sorts ie email address to send intel from anyone that might have some.

You could have plans for building basic community projects, how to videos, etc etc. and even a forum section for people to post etc. This would be a type of collection point, PR, CA, MISO cyber point. It would also be a great big target for the bad guys and that in its self can be an asset when you give them a "target" their attacks can be traced. Also if the anti American folks want to come on we can even have some dialogue with them in a safe manner much like my earlier example with the SAS on Oman did.

I am far from an electronics guy but the server etc would be independent from government servers etc so if it did go down it will not affect the rest of the govt web sites.

Just kicking around some ideas that may sound nuts or be impractical but sometimes kicking around crazy ideas brings out a good workable solution. This coud even be done at team, company or Bn. level for a specific region, country or population within a country.
Once again, BO, we are thinking alike. (This is getting scary weird, so stop it. )
I was thinking almost exactly the same thing, but more in reference to Twitter.

I signed up for a Twitter account several months ago as an experiment to pulse attitudes, etc. particularly the 20-30 yo age group. One of the things that I noticed (or think that I noticed) is that as you post and develop a posting history, select folks to follow, and accrue followers, that Twitter segregates you into groups of of like minded users and isolated from the rest of the Twitterverse.

I doubt that SM can be used to mobilize protests or revolutions as was the original question of this thread. However, it would appear that SM could be useful in mapping groups that are potential assets or potential targets.

Might be interesting to try this as a little experiment.