View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 17:51   #29
Soak60
SF Candidate

A huge reason I decided to contract 18X was that I saw what my degree was going to be down the road; 10 hour days sitting in front of a monitor, designing things I would never see. The more I learn about SF the more determined I am. The way I view SF is that it is the lifestyle closest to what I consider to be ideal; true brotherhood, meaningful and interesting work, and a hard life. If you don't have a way to push yourself beyond what you are, you won't grow and learn, and then what's the point?

The money is nice, but I don't think money is going to get me through selection. The reason I'm going in is to see just how far I can push myself, pure and simple. It also happens to coincide with other equally strong feelings (I'm an Eagle Scout; I love my country). I also believe it will be an excellent job, with variety and opportunities to continue to become stronger, and ways to test myself.

Just thought maybe a little personal input and "why" would be appreciated from an 18X. If not, I'll start looking for cover...
Soak60 is offline   Reply With Quote