View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 13:38   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

I cannot help but feel that - for all the regime's direction toward tyranny domestically - they are completely clueless as to the intricacies of how other nations view us, what motivates them, what their interests are, etc. On that front they are, in my opinion, displaying a level of incompetence not seen in several years.

During the recent visit by PM Suga from Japan there was a joint brief address & media opportunity (i.e., "proof of life" for Biden) and Biden's handlers had clearly decided to take the course of pre-approved, scripted questions, from certain outlets mostly regarding Domestic policy. Even with that, Biden still displayed that migraine-look he gets, even with written pages or a teleprompter, that indicates the brain is in overload & having difficulty keeping up. What a marvelous - but in my eyes wasted - opportunity to put some rhetoric 'out there' for consumption by the rest of the world community regarding alliances in terms of security issues and not just who's building what where etc. I'm sure the PM brought a sufficient entourage to flesh some things out; they brought 2 Boeing 777's.
(Reagan's people were masters at this, knowing the importance of the words was not what page they were on in the WaPo. The key was the understanding by some leaders 12,000 miles away.)

These guys are missing the boat. I'm afraid things in 1 or 2 regions are going to get really spicy and then.... Harris is going to go into a fit of inappropriate cackling laughter at the wrong moment. As they say in the taverns, "and THAT's when the fight started."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote