View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 23:05   #1899
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
That graph is misleading. There have been no new vaccines developed since 1990. So of course all of the vaccine adverse events that are reported will be associated with the one new vaccine developed. I would need to get into the details for each event to comment further. But my point was that none of the requirements for safety evaluations were altered or abbreviated to bring this vaccine to market! I have already presented the factors that enabled the extraordinary rapid Covid vaccine development.

The larger question imho is, should we have focused on development of a vaccine against an endemic viral type, i.e corona virus instead of focusing on disease therapy?

My view is that vaccine against a corona virus is a fool's errand that may actually induce variants of virus! Development of low cost safe and effective therapeutics is a far better public health strategy imho. In this case the population would be able to easily survive disease and would ultimately develop natural immunity. But what do I know??

Okay Trapper, I'm not picking a fight. I respect your medical education and experience as it is definitely not my field. I completely agree that focus should be put on therapeutics that from reports are working exceptionally well.
But, in interest of trying not to make myself look like I'm really stupid I posit the following:

1990 – First vaccine for Hantavirus hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome
1991 – First vaccine for hepatitis A[13]
1998 – First vaccine for Lyme disease
1998 – First vaccine for rotavirus[14]
21st century
2003 – First nasal influenza vaccine approved in U.S. (FluMist)
2003 – First vaccine for Argentine hemorrhagic fever.[15]
2006 – First vaccine for human papillomavirus (which is a cause of cervical cancer)
2012 – First vaccine for hepatitis E[16]
2012 – First quadrivalent (4-strain) influenza vaccine
2013 – First vaccine for enterovirus 71, one cause of hand foot mouth disease[17]
2015 – First vaccine for malaria[18]
2015 – First vaccine for dengue fever[19]
2019 – First vaccine for Ebola approved[20]
2020 – First vaccine for COVID-19.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...human_vaccines

I'm not a huge fan of the source but that was just a quick search. Again, all respect, just defending my position how I don't think the vaccine has been proven safe; from the viewpoint of an uneducated Bravo.

Now, on to Box's word challenge..........

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote