View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 13:30   #2
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

The more I read on this topic, the more I'm convinced I placed it in the right section. It is very likely this is not the last attempt to kidnap a service member in the UK.

http://news.sky.com/story/marham-kid...-team-10510408

Marham Kidnap Suspects 'Part Of Larger Team'
Investigators say given the nature of the attack the pair being sought are likely to have had accomplices.
15:26, UK,
Saturday 23 July 2016

Two men being hunted over a bid to kidnap a serviceman at RAF Marham are likely to have been part of a larger team, say police.

The development came as investigators appealed for motorists with dash-cams who regularly travel in the area or local homeowners with CCTV to come forward.

Detectives have continued to carry out inquiries in the area, while officers carried out reassurance patrols over the weekend.

Senior investigating officer Detective Superintendent Paul Durham revealed there could have been more people in the dark-coloured people carrier, used by the two suspects.

He said: "While the victim only witnessed two attackers, there may have been more than two people in the vehicle and given the nature of the attack, it is likely they were part of a larger team.

"This is important because I do not want to deter any potential witnesses from coming forward - it is the vehicle we are interested in, regardless of the number of people seen inside."

The serviceman is understood to have been approached by two men with a knife at RAF Marham, near King's Lynn in Norfolk, at about 3pm on Wednesday.

The men then escaped in a dark-coloured Ford Galaxy.

The serviceman, who was not in uniform, was not injured.

Marham is home to four squadrons of Tornado bombers which have been flying raids against Islamic State in Syria from Cyprus.

The suspects have been described as aged between 20 and 30 years old and of Middle Eastern appearance.

One had a well-groomed beard and was of stocky build, while the other was clean shaven and slimmer.

:: Anyone with information is asked to call the dedicated hotlines on either 0800 056 0154 or 0207 158 0011 or dial 101.