View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 18:39   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

You are going to have to take some classes somewhere but.....

Once you get your 18 series you can sign up at an local community college and then get your military records evaluated. Fayetteville Technical Community College has the main Campus but they have no clue what they are looking at. Best to take your records up to the Fort Bragg branch and have one of the retired guys do it.

What you get from your military schools does not translate directly to what you need for any degree. Like a degree might require 3 hours of PE but you'll have 15 or so.

When I got my associates degree it was 60 hours but I only had to take 18 hours to get it. I'd have to dig it out but IIRC my transcript has like 117 hours.

NC State colleges have to accept all 60 hours towards a 4 year degree (+/- 120 hours) - so you'll end up taking one years worth of classes. IIRC they require 25% or your courses from their campus.

Now Fayetteville State used to have a couple of military related degrees - but any specialized degree would require more specialized classes.

There is the on line option from some of those places that advertise on TV.

Edited to add

I see you're an 18D - you should do well in the sciences. Classes I had to take were Biology, Math, Intro to computers and some dumb ass course designed for somebody right out of high school.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote