View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:03   #1293
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Why not take it to the next level and find a great BBQ restaurant? Imagine how much drinking time you'd have then.
I've been down that road. The food is great, but the ambiance is not only lacking - it seems that the hosts are ALWAYS rude.

-If they are going to complain about the broken glass, why didn't they just bring me my beer in a can?
-They got all pissed off when I start stringing up party lights around my table.
-The ceilings are too low to get a good toss when you are playing corn hole - I had three or four bean bags stuck in the rafters at Tony Roma's before we even finished eating the first pile of baby backs.
-The manager came over three or four times mumbling about vulgar language, playgrounds, and inside voices. I never did figure out why he was so uppity.
-The angry old broad at the next table got all pissed off when I told her kids to go outside and play, because the adults are trying to talk.
-When they called the cops on me for peeing in the bushes, I knew it was the VERY last time I would ever invite them to a Sunday BBQ with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
OMG....I'm jealous...Now that is some "Big Drip" succulent smoked meats.....I'd be in a meat coma; a delightful meat coma...
That's my other big issue with commercial BBQ joints. You have no idea how hard it is to take a nap when you are surrounded by a bunch of self righteous, judgmental party poopers.
...of course I must admit, anytime there is BBQ and booze - you fall asleep at your own risk.

When my brother in law passed out and we all dropped trou' to get a picture of his sleeping face surrounded by our naked asses, the old lady at the corner table fell the fuck out of her chair.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 06-29-2021 at 10:20.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote