View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 09:09   #1292
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

I still have feelings for the Char-Griller, and often find myself leaning against her to drink my coffee when I let my dogs out in the morning. I've cleaned the grates even though I haven’t cooked anything on it since that last batch of smoked chicken. I still haven't replaced the gas regulator. I don't know where I go from here, I just know that I'm still not ready to get rid of my beloved Texas Trio just yet so she just sits there while I continue to experiment with 'pellet cookery'

To be perfectly honest with everyone, I'm writing this while a 7 pound bone-in pork butt is smoking over a blend of Apple, Maple, and Cherry hardwood pellets. So far I’ve smoked a 3 pound beef roast over Jack Daniels Blend Pellets - and it came off the grill tasting like a medium rare steak. Sliced thin, and piled high on pretzel buns with a dab of horseradish and some melted cheese - we had roast beef sandwiches that rivaled the Arby's Beef and Cheddar. Two racks of 3-2-1 Memphis style baby backs came out so succulent and juicy that they looked like they had been brushed with BBQ sauce.

I know some will judge me - so be it – those are the limits of YOUR life while you rule over your own little kingdom of BBQ prejudice and a sour bigotry towards alternative cookstyles. I prefer diversity and inclusion when it is time to cook succulent juicy delicious smoked meats in a judgment free dining room.
My kitchen is your safe space if you dare enter!
OMG....I'm jealous...Now that is some "Big Drip" succulent smoked meats.....I'd be in a meat coma; a delightful meat coma...

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote