View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 12:08   #11
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
YOU guys are exactly why we had to bring the All-Army back in 2004.

My kid has his Bronze Rifle and Bronze Pistol Badges. He's forwarding me the proposed draft qualification table for the next-generation 6.8 service rifle.

100 yards, 200 yards (with movers), 300, and 600, all on electronic LOMAH targets.

Which means the Army can't afford to build them, and legacy KD ranges can't take them due to the downrange bat-wing drawing distances.

Some shit never changes.
oh wow, I did not know you were instrumental in bringing those matches. Thank you Sinister! I wouldnt be where I am at today without those. The demand to prepare for murphy and adjust quickly on the run is unparalleled IMHO. I did wish that by the time I started to win matches the All Army still had gucci gear prizes like in 06 and 07 Not sure when it stopped. Something to do with conflict of interest so I understand.

Have the kid continue blasting his way towards being distinguished! While in the military EIC is an alien concept to many, once he is out in civilian among top tier lead slinger that distinguished title is an instant creds and builds rapport quickly.
I was 10 points away from rifle (and double) distinguished when I went overseas in '17. Makes me want to rejoin reserve or national guard now so I can attend All Army again and finish the job
IIRC, there are two leg matches to earn points at All Army. The EIC rifle and NMC rifle courses. If anyone is at master or above qualification in High Power, one is almost guaranteed to get points (unless AMU or SMU happens to send dozens of their guys to get points too!)

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote