View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 13:27   #4
lksteve
Quiet Professional

The rigger shed was located about 150' or so east of the Quad...it shared a parking lot on the south side with the commissary...I think TMP was just east of the rigger shed...long building...riggers on the main floor, HALO team (ODA 3/113) in the loft, mountain team (ODA 5/123) in the basement...

When I was there, the packing area was pretty standard...you have to remember that during that time Bonnie and Connie in PM Magazine went from being scantily clad to wearing casual clothes, the pin-up girl on the inside back cover of Soldiers Magazine went away and anything adorning the walls of a barracks room had to be inside a picture frame...guys were allowed to tape centerfolds inside their lockers, but that was about it...no pin-ups were permitted in work areas...as I recall, we had one or two female riggers when I was in Toelz...

A guy could still get lunch and a couple of brews at the Labor Service canteens in the south parking lot, though...

The era you are referring began to disappear when women started attending jump school in 1974...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton

Last edited by lksteve; 11-18-2009 at 13:33.
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote