View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 18:52   #15
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Comments on Box #2 above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

ENTIRE POST
It's only a nightmare if you are a conservative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Joker, let's rename this thread to: "Reformation of the US Military: A Modest Proposal" and make sure it is permanent. The suggested title is in deference to one of the greatest satirists of the English language, Jonathan Swift. Sometimes I think Box is his reincarnation.
Trapper,

As a 1st Generation SCOT, I did not think of Jonathan Swift Proposal as satire, and thought his idea of serving plump Irish kids for dinner was a practical solution for a race that cannot sing, shoots each other often, and drinks to excess

Slange Var

SnT

As Box has said currently“Americas "woke Army" is living the dream” If we elect a strong leader,With proper guidance, military Flag officers could be shown the error of their ways by selective firing (or delaying / denying promotion) to O6 and up. Perhaps the problem is of a established firmly set mission statement for the military (writ large). I do not have to try and school any one this board, but Maybe if we were not active (and instead, had a small footprint) in every two traffic light country in the world, we wouldn’t need to support this General Officer Corp, that this whole world strategy promotes. “The Army Now Has the Most 4-Star Generals on Duty Since World War II”(slight uptick End Korea).The best way to view GO’s is WWII / Current vs number of troops:

WWII Current
Generals 2000 900
Ratio /Troops 1 -600 1-1400

That is correct, We have a GO for every 1,400 soldiers,sailors,marines/airman/coasties. It’s been a long time, but as I remember 1400 troops is a Brigade, usually commanded by a Colonel.

Another avenue available to us to address this issue is to persuade our “elected representatives” pass a law that dis-allows (a word?) our GO corps from working at a defense contractor. This also may have the added benefit of actually lowering our acquisition costs, and introduce “try it before you buy it” one off contracts. I’m not sure if this is possible, as I think, the GO’s (Generally) view after service contractor employment as a service connected benefit, like the GI bill for Big Guys.

I disagree with the Ukraine defense posture. Sleeping with some dogs will give you fleas. Along with a new mission statement, perhaps the military could school the civilian leadership on homeland defense, positioning troops, and discouraging nation building. We have no United States interest in Ukraine, Lithuania or NATO, and limited interest in Formosa or Quemoy. We do have a national interest in Tijuana, El Paso, Laredo, and Yuma.

I agree with Box’s comment that this is NOT incompetence that is exhibited by the party of the left. It is well planned, developed and executed. (probably over the last 100 years). If you want an example, look at how CHEAP a bastard like SOROS is-- But he gets amazing results…for a small amount of money. Look at his support for State Attorney Generals and major city District Attorneys (DA’s) from coast to coast, and crashing the American Legal System, and causing a massive increase in crime rates (his goals)..—Cost “A few Million”

Soros may be a huge influencer, but I believe the real political power lays in your local Teachers Unions. The NEA & AFT are the largest Unions in the country, and exert almost unlimited power to inculcate “progressive” ideals on the minds of the nation’s children. Fixin this solves many of our ong term problems.

When Rumsfeld said “You go to war with the army you have, he was castigated by every “armchair General” in the congress or media. Rumsfeld was right. Nation building in Iraq was wrong. Just as todays War by proxy in the Ukraine is Wrong, with or without our Bio / Chem weapons, nuanced in Box’s writings above.

Returning to a draft (Armed Service, civilian service ) may be a good thing for the nation, but not specifically good for the military, and it’s culture. Before someone shoots me, let me explain:

In a equitable world, serving your country for 18-24+ months should not only be a duty, it should be an honor. This would provide a sense of discipline on a group that is currently undisciplined. The soothing voice of a drill Sergeant at 0’dark thirty is good for the soul, and may solve many of today’s social problems in the process. We may, in fact rescue a few warriors who hadn’t recognized their calling. while not drugging natural aggressiveness out of boys (toxic masculinity ), and treating boys as defective girls (ADHD,etc.). BTW The service also provides excellent role models of all ranks, cultures and religions.

We have mistaken male hormonal expression for a lot of cultural sins, from sexism to rape culture. Today’s youth (especially males) are lost. They have no guidance, goals or desire to do much of anything. Society (US) is responsible for this screw-up. We let these kids down by not kicking their ass when they needed it. But wait you say, We weren’t in the home to do the discipline thing… Yeah, we weren’t, and aren’t there, We (collectively) have done the WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA’AM, and did nothing about Uncle Sugar taking over our rightful roles. So now we have a legion of females raising a gizillion bastards, without a bit of shame that should accompany getting pregnant out of “wedlock”,and without a clue or plan of how to take care of and raise a child. We also react to this with.. ‘cause damnit, They/we have birth control.

How would we pay for it. We are already “overtaxed” and get little in return from our payday contribution. While I do not believe in a soak the rich policy, I am a great believer in providing incentives for desired conduct & outcomes.Thinking that there has to be a huge amount of illegal “haven income” that is not YET taxed, put a 1% confidential bounty on discovery and collection of illegal / illicit monies. With such an incentive, a massive amount of funds – from your local drug dealer up to nominal accounts in Americas islands of “off shore cultures”. If a news agency can come up with 2+ terrabites of financial data of this nature, imagine what underpaid book keepers could / would expose.

That’s all my comments
SnT

SOROS https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/george...gs-nationwide/
https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/how-ge...s-crime-surge/

SOROS GUNS https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/22/h...it-in-the-u-s/

GENERALS https://www.reference.com/world-view...fc0fb2f17bb3d1

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote