View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 06:25   #9
JimP
Quiet Professional

You're all missing a key point to all of this. We are NOT meeting our manning goal of "475,000." Those of us around throughout the last few decades when we experimented with force cuts remember that 495,000 was dangerously low. Multiple statements were made that we could NOT go below 495K and meet our mission. I remember Krulak when he was Commandant of the Marine Corps at a Senate hearing was THE only Chief who had the balls to tell the Senate: "No. No, I cannot do my mission the way you want me to do it with the resources you are giving me." Even Schoomacher knuckled under to the politicians and didn't express reservations to the force cuts.

We are now at "goal" 475K. 475K of jokesters, trannies-in transition (just pushed a packet for a tranny requesting an exception to policy to the Undersecretary of the Army; the amount of paperwork, resources, and hours in this windmill-titling exercise was incredible), fat bodies, head-cases, and snowflakes. We still have some great warriors, but not as a total in the force. And...we can't meet that 475K goal.

In the past, we blithely claimed that technology will make up the difference. Well, that's all nice and good, but what do you do when China appears to be very close (maybe surpass us in some areas) of technology, AND they have a Billion zealots under arms? India far surpasses our troop strength. The NK far surpass our troop strength AND have the Chinese....

Ain't looking good for the home team.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote