View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 19:20   #7
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Reply 1 to Box post 2

BOX,
I am in awe at your second latest post. Your satire rates you with the likes of H>L> Manchen and Samuel Clements, only in this post, yours is very serious. .

I will need some time to ponder your message, but I can say that it left me feeling kinda good as someone finally “gets it”, and maybe we start “fixin” what’s broke.

I was going to suggest that the Army should fix it’s own problems, much as had been done in the past

“By the mid-1970s drug use, racial tensions, low quality troops, and inexperienced NCOs, “ticket punching” and careerism from the officer corps, left the Army in a state of disarray, .

I just re-read Parts of Norman Schwarzkopf’s book where he and likeminded officers and senior NCO’s decided to stay in the army to help straighten it out. This would have been between 74 to 78 when Schwarzkopf was an O6 to O7. This group had limited initial success in fixing the army, .Eventually, thanks in part to a massive Reagan era military buildup; the army was nearing recovery,
So even if we followed your analysis to “fire EVERYONE - all the way down the chain until SSG Oklahoma gets to be a brigade commander and 2LT Backwoods takes command of a division due to the vacuum created by the ousting of a legion of leftist militicians.” .

Then, could the current army do what had been done in the 1980’s.(i.e. fix itself)? I think the REPLY is a big NO. We could never get them all, as they are coming on active duty every year. Some were hiding in the bushes of the 80’s recovery to cause problems in the future.(today) These (adjutive of choice) would either cause problems, serve a bad role models, or become roadblocks to any effort at fixing the current army problems.

I checked the ranks of some officers during that period (1976 / 1986);.,
Clark Lt Col / Col
Milley Lt / Capt
Patraeus Lt / Maj
Sonntag Lt

I picked these General officers as sort of a list of “people with problems” that were allowed to move ever higher in the army command structure. How were these people allowed to continue serving. Did no one along the way give them corrective measures via counseling or in a OER. Some of their problems were going on for years.

I Hope this is not so chopped up that I lose the thrust of comments. The balance of a reply I inserted into your post. I do not intend any reply to be flippant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Interesting and thought provoking. Here are some of my ill informed and overly biased thoughts on the article…
Quote:
I was there when the United States military was great, when it inspired fear instead of laughter, when it smashed whole armies in a hundred hours instead of letting a bunch of seventh-century freaks drive it out of a country that would have to work up to join the Third World.
I can’t help but wonder what wars this guy is remembering. Obviously, he is referring to “Gulf-1” with his hundred-hour war comment but what other “whole armies” is he talking about?Grenada? Panama?Haiti?

The last time we faced a near peer in combat was NOVEMBER 25, 1950, when China entered the Korean War. I don’t think we did well there, but I will check with our South Korean allies. I will note that we won wars when we fired Generals with some regularity.

We went in, kicked their asses and came home but I'd hardly call any of those examples of the USA 'smashing whole armies'
In contrast, when we went back to Iraq for “Gulf-2” we still stomped their fucking heads in within the first week - but then we decided to stay there for ten years.
We stomped the shit out of Afghanistan in less time than it takes most millennials to build a city in Mine-Craft…
…but then we stayed there for 20 years because of the profit margin.
No sirree - a bunch of "seventh-century freaks" didn't drive us out - we quit

Unless we suffer another Pearl Harbor, Who we fight, when we fight, how we fight, and for how long we fight is the SOLE responsibility of the POTUS.
If it’s 10 years in Iraq, 20 years in Afganistan, 69 years in Korea, or 77 years in Germany it is the President, and only the President that tells us when we must come home.

The problem in the article isn’t something a president will ever be able to fix in his first term in office. They will need four years just to lay in the ambush. Then, right after the midterms during that 2nd term - fire EVERYONE –

Trump one (1) term, VP DeSantis to President for 2 terms. Trump executes, DeSantis does clean-up.in year 2 of a possible 8 year run.

all the way down the chain until SSG Oklahoma gets to be a brigade commander and 2LT Backwoods takes command of a division due to the vacuum created by the ousting of a legion of leftist militicians

If a president rocks the boat in his first two years, the establishment WILL find a way to run him off. Even if that means having the head of the CIA and FBI fabricate evidence against him, leak it to journalists and activists, and then exploit our citizens social media addiction in order to drive an unfounded impeachment effort.

21 Jan 2024 appoint interim heads to all agencies, Including CIA, FBI, DoD, State, Treasury
Use Obambi’s Tzar program, appoint a “non-senate A/C staffer” for overall control of an agency. Let the dems scream

https://rense.com/general88/czars.htm

It didn’t take long for a lot of us to realize that some of these “damn fine generals” that were going to help ’45 put things back on track turned out to be turncoats and backstabbers that were the opposite of loyal to the CINC.

Revise the “Brevet/ frocking” ranking / promotion criteria to include Guard Officers and reorganize the General Officer Federal Recognition Board (GOFRB) into a white house function. 770 positions currently authorized for brevet.
Use Brevet for all GO/ ADM positions, including NG, AG, Navy Reserve.
Appoint to the position “service chiefs” Brevetted to General, contingent with 2 years of successful (WH determined) service in that position. Advise / Consent after actual promotion(?). Same for Chairman / Vice Chairman and combatant commanders

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..

Last edited by Surf n Turf; 07-24-2022 at 21:24. Reason: Changed Text color for ease in reading
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote