View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 14:24   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Interesting and thought provoking. Here are some of my ill informed and overly biased thoughts on the article…

Quote:
I was there when the United States military was great, when it inspired fear instead of laughter, when it smashed whole armies in a hundred hours instead of letting a bunch of seventh-century freaks drive it out of a country that would have to work up to join the Third World.
I can’t help but wonder what wars this guy is remembering. Obviously, he is referring to “Gulf-1” with his hundred-hour war comment but what other “whole armies” is he talking about?
Grenada?
Panama?
Haiti?
We went in, kicked their asses and came home but I'd hardly call any of those examples of the USA 'smashing whole armies'

In contrast, when we went back to Iraq for “Gulf-2” we still stomped their fucking heads in within the first week - but then we decided to stay there for ten years. Most of that ten-year stay was owned by a republican and a lot of people complained when the democrats brought folks home. Then they complained when the same democrats sent folks back and expanded into Syria. Only to again, complain, when the republican tried to bring them back out of Syria. Eight years of Clinton military wasn’t undone and republican-ized in the eight months between Dubya taking office in January and Obama Bin Lodden attacking America in September of that same year - we stomped Iraq with a military that was being led by Clinton generals. On the other hand, we went into Syria and wiped our ass with Isis before most Americans really understood that we had gone to war in Syria, wiped our ass with Isis, and started drawing back down.

We stomped the shit out of Afghanistan in less time than it takes most millennials to build a city in Mine-Craft…
…but then we stayed there for 20 years because of the profit margin.

We talk about that nifty army that rolled through Afghanistan back in the early months of the war after 9/11 – but let’s be honest – that Army was built during the Clinton years. No sirree - a bunch of "seventh-century freaks" didn't drive us out - we quit.

The problem in the article isn’t something a president will ever be able to fix in his first term in office. They will need four years just to lay in the ambush. Then, right after the midterms during that 2nd term - fire EVERYONE - all the way down the chain until SSG Oklahoma gets to be a brigade commander and 2LT Backwoods takes command of a division due to the vacuum created by the ousting of a legion of leftist militicians.

If a president rocks the boat in his first two years, the establishment WILL find a way to run him off. Even if that means having the head of the CIA and FBI fabricate evidence against him, leak it to journalists and activists, and then exploit our citizens social media addiction in order to drive an unfounded impeachment effort.

It didn’t take long for a lot of us to realize that some of these “damn fine generals” that were going to help ’45 put things back on track turned out to be turncoats and backstabbers that were the opposite of loyal to the CINC.

Besides, who are we using as example right now? Imagine if there was a top ranking general that learned political science from Princeton – does anyone really think he would “serve” a conservative president while zealously helping him push a conservative agenda? What if that same person also got a master’s degree from Columbia (that fine school that gave birth to the Cloward-Piven strategy) what if that same person that had studied at two of the world elite liberal universities ALSO decided to testify in front of congress that we should be teaching critical race theory in our service academies...
...would anyone REALLY expect such a person to help the next republican POTUS forward a conservative agenda seeking to 're-culture' the military?

Is the next republican really going to going to “fire his way” into a conservative dominated military?
…not when the service academies are already giving out 3rd Degree black belts in woke-fu-jitsu as part of their curriculum. Such an administration would spend most of their time fighting civil rights lawsuits from all of the service members that were being "discriminated" for their beliefs.

Did any of the “conservative” leaders in the pentagon during the LAST republican presidents administration step up and help clear out the garbage when they had the chance - or did they walk softly and carry a balsa wood stick?

The only thing permanent DC needs to do is fabricate seditious evidence that implicates the next republican POTUS as the one who bought Paul Pelosi his drinks the night he got his DUI and the time needed to “clean out” the military of its ne'er-do-wells will evaporate as the administration spins their wheels defending against endless calls for impeachment.

The "current" republican congress certainly won’t help the next 'conservative' republican president – they’ve already proven that. They gave their first demonstration of their willingness to tell Americans to fuck right off the day that McCain was applauded by his peers for KILLING any chance of repealing BarrackHussienObamaCare. Then they did it again when they refused to defend his agenda. Then they did it again when they started campaigning for democrats. Then they did it again when they jumped on the 6-January impeachment bandwagon. Most recently, they did it AGAIN when well over 20 house and senate republicans decided that the democrats were right - your 1st. 2nd, 4th, and of course 10th amendment rights aren't worth a popcorn fart.

Quote:
“…a smart president will have run for election promising to do just this”
Well, the last republican president campaigned on this very same set of promises - drain the swamp, build a wall, expose the corruption…
…”not on OUR watch” said the republican establishment.

Quote:
The president's objective must be to reorient the United States military into a war-fighting organization…
The last republican president did that too. After a full decade of annual SHARP training, online classes that taught me not to rape or engage in human trafficking, and other miscellaneous online classes that kept me from training, ’45 came along and put an end to that shit. Not that it lasted very long – but that shit was real. I read the memo. I stopped doing that mindless bullshit training.
For a while – but now, we are doing it again.
Because we are all woman haters and racists – I know, because I've sat through THAT class too.

Seriously; imagine a conservative president showing up on January 21st, 2025 and literally shit-canning every woke 2-3-4 start general in command of a TSOC, GCC, or Service component command and then watch how fast the congressional republicans start staring at their feet while the democrats, the media, media, and turncoats in the DOJ arms the next Schiff-Pelosi-Schumer triumvirate with just enough fabricated “evidence” to initiate the next round of impeachments.

Rinse and Repeat.

I wish I had Kurt Schlichters fond memory of the glory days of the last 30-40 years of military history – I also wish I had his positive outlook on the road ahead.
But, I don’t.

The last 30 years has jaded me to a point where unmetered and uncontrollable sarcasm is my only outlet. I could EASILY beat Randy Marsh out of his job as the Denver Bronco's Sarcastaball coach…
…yeah, men in the military should TOTALLY be allowed to wear fingernail polish
…duh, of course its safe to let females do parachute jumps with long flowing ponytails
…maybe we should do war with simmunitions so we don’t hurt any Chinese people because war is barbaric.
...we should just throw balloons instead of hand grenades and whoever catches the balloon will run in a circle and give hugs to all the enemy soldiers

I am uninspired and underwhelmed with the leaders that have been foisted upon us over the last 30-40 years. The good ones get ran off as O6’s or become disillusioned and get out before they even take over a BN. The rest are either mildly conservative but WILDLY self-serving or just straight up liberal militicians doing the bidding of the leftists in permanent DC.

This is the way.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 07-21-2022 at 14:45.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote