View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 18:55   #18
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

The only input you will have on your MOS is a small paragraph of your past experience and how it attributes to one of the MOS'. They may look at your previous MOS and slot you as an 18C, but I have also seen guys with experience put in another direction like RTO's getting 18D seemingly based on their GT score (120+ seem to get 18D). It is always good to have a guy who can do multiple jobs.

You will see that with language as well sometimes, if a guy has a 2/2 coming into the course they may send him to get an additional language. I would minor in the language you expect to take in the Q. I would also make the choice if you are going to do the DLPT (Listening,Reading) or OPI (Oral) test, because the way and what you study and approach the language is completely different. If you can come to the Q with a 1/1 you can likely be tested out, or at least get that language as a lock.

I believe currently 180A's only require an Associates before they graduate the course.

Based on their skillsets of planning as well as a focus on geopolitics and intelligence, I would suggest the following for a potential 180A:

International Relations
Homeland Security with focus on counter terrorism
Anthropology (Social Engineering)
Region specific History
Sociology
Psychology
Government
English
Linguistics

Whatever you do, have a good grasp of how to put out a good paper. They rely on their writing skills daily.
Bechorg is offline   Reply With Quote