View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 17:34   #39
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Blitz-

I'm one of the guys you sent stuff to. Was working out generally using exercises and philosophy of rosstraining.com . Liked it. From what I see it is very similar to CrossFit but not exactly. Great philosopy emphasis on conditioning as well as strength. Compound, "non-standard" exercises.

Made me feel better, strengthened my core, VERY MUCH improved my work capacity and reduced my overall recovery time (no matter what I was doing).

Then I decided to try Blitzing. You seem committed, you aren't selling anything and I wanted to try something different. Had nothing to lose...

The gym that I was workign out at had limitations that made a full go at your program difficult. 1.) very crowded 2.) lack of suitable machines... ( MY mistake was not just moving to free weights for some of the exercies).

Lastly , I am shitty at following instructions and I used too much weight at times with the result being serious DOMS!

IN any event..

I tried to do what you prescribe in the manner that you prescribe... at least for my chest and arms... with the intent on increasing my pushups.

I worked it HARD for probably 5 weeks or so. Kept no records but busted my ass. And got great results.

I was plateau'd on my pushups... and after blitzing I added 12 pushups and maxed. And this is coming from a person who probably maxed the damn pushups one other time in 19 years... even when doing Tabata intervals or what have you... I'm not here to hype your blitz program, but I'm going to be 100% honest.. I was AMAZED at how I pumped out the pushups. I was hoping for an increase but it was way in excess of what I was expecting/hoping for.

I am now working where I can get to a GREAT gym with all kinds of leverage equipment and free weights..or whatever I want... and no crowds. I injured somethign in my shoulder (NOT blitzing) so I can't do a damn thing right now until I get seen by a doc.

As soon as I get healed up I'm going to give it a go and blitz hard. I liked the results on my pushups so I am disappointed to be in a holding pattern to let my inujury heal. (I guess I could just do something for my lower body.... )

Anyway, that's my story.