View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 12:21   #14
Sigi
BANNED USER

I personally do not have a problem with a former (such and such/so and so) saying anything, either pro or con. This Republic was built on the ability of it's citizens to criticize not only the government, but specifically the CinC.

Yes, there has been a coordinated 'coalition' of sorts coming out against Bush. I do not agree with them and have at times come to loath, even hate, them. They are more often than not petty, cheap, below the belt criticisms that sound more like satire than political differences.

What I am seeing is the left's attempts to garner as much support as possible among a diverse voting demographic. Every month there is a new group collecting names against Bush.

I don't like it and like I said it is petty and cheap. But I don't think we should muzzle them.

What should happen in the coming months is a damn good Bush campaign against Kerry. Right now the "amyone but Bush" theme might just get him into the Oval Office.

I am not trying to be negative. I am being a realist. Many of you have a far brighter outlook for Bush in November than I do.
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote