View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 13:30   #13
frostfire
Area Commander

finally tried crossfit. The good 'ol 21-15-9 reps (powerclean) and 46-30-18 (superman) followed by some muscle-up and rope climb...

Both legs and arms turned to butter + blister from learning muscle-ups. Played tennis afterwards but the blood didn't seem to have returned to the head enough to enable good hand-eye-body positioning coordination. Thank goodness I didn't have any breakfast or late dinner the previous 13 hours.

Crossfit program definitely works both cardio and strength/power at the same time. I really like the functional strength exercises. Although you can do them by yourself at home, folks at the gym can make sure you have proper posture/technique and they won't count your repetition if you do it wrong.

As far as stress relief, when the pain was so intense for some reason I couldn't remember at all whatever it was that's causing stress, sadness, etc. (or what planet I'm from) even for some time afterwards. The only other time I had this experience was during rock climbing when your grip was about to give up and you're set for 30+ feet fall. Crossfit exercises can easily become addictive.

Last edited by frostfire; 08-19-2006 at 13:36.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote